You can’t do without a good sleep, and for some people, recliners make for the ideal sleep chair, even better than the most comfy beds.
This is why opting for the best recliners for sleeping is the top choice for certain people with specific needs. Like folks suffering from conditions such as acid reflux or other respiratory issues, or people who might just be in the process of recovery from an accident or a surgical procedure.
Special Categories of People Who Need Recliners for Sleeping
Another special category of people who need recliners for sleeping are the aged. They typically need special attention and care, just as much as pregnant women do. This is why a bed might just seem not to cut it anymore for people in these categories.
Pregnant women for instance, are in conditions that can make it difficult, if not impossible to enjoy sleep on a horizontal or flat surface. Fortunately, there are recliners to the rescue.
Aged people on the other hand will need help getting up from sleep, which is why reclining lift chairs are great.
You see, recliners are not only great for watching TV or relaxing; they help anyone who has issues sleeping on flat surfaces to enjoy a good sleep.
Some folks may just find sleeping in recliners preferable to sleeping in beds and this poses no harm in any way.
Recliners: Worth The Investment
Whether it’s due to circumstances or just preference, recliners have been said to reduce unusual pains and aches that sometimes accompany sleeping on beds. This is why recliners are generally believed to be worth the investment.
If you’re still on the fence, you should consider the upsides and downsides of a recliner before deciding to splurge on one. The good thing is, most quality recliners are designed in such a way that they help alleviate certain medical issues and benefit the user who plans to sleep on it. Take for instance:
- During gestation, recliners can help expectant mothers to sleep in their ideal position, adjust their body angle, which in turn improves circulation and decreases swellings on their feet.
- Some individuals’ work makes them stand all throughout the time. A recliner can help them fix the lumber tension afterward. This helps in no small way to correct posture defects.
- With a recliner, you can position your body at any suitable angle, adjusting the carriage on your back, neck, and head. This is mostly useful for folks suffering from acid reflux.
Recliners does have a few downsides. For instance, while sleeping on your bed allows you to move freely (sleep in any angle), a recliner will inhibit your movement. The after effect of this is stiffness around joints and muscles, sometimes less blood flows to your legs and arms. Recliners that are adjustable at several places are your best bet here.
Sometimes, doctors only recommend recliners for people who are in recovery and that implies the recliner might be discarded after a time. This is great knowledge as it can help you not to spend too much. So, you can consider the possibility of renting a recliner chair.
Choosing an Ideal Recliner for Sleeping
That said, the most suitable recliner that you can pick may depend on several factors which are the type, durability, comfort and feature/functions of the recliner.
Everyone wants a relaxing chair that is durable. If you expect to use your recliner on a daily basis, you should opt for one that has a durable frame made of hardwood and tough clothing/cover. If you do not intend to use it regularly, you should opt for one with a lighter material like plyboard. This might be a great breath on your budget.
Are you tall and hefty? Your body type and size can also determine the durability of your recliner as a smaller one can hardly support daily usage from a heavy individual.
Different folks prefer different recliner types. The ‘rocker’ or ‘glider’ is mostly preferred by people suffering insomnia or mothers with babies as it gently ‘rocks’ them back and forth – to sleep. Another type called the ‘wall-hugger’ recliners is mostly preferred by individuals who have limited space in their homes.
The lift recliners are somewhat luxurious and easy to use especially useful for the aged who suffer joint pains and body aches. It has the ability to lift the user into a standing position.
Features or Functions
Some recliners have features that enable them to be operated mechanically or manually. It all boils down to individual preferences and health status. Some help you raise your feet to a particular height; some have massage functions, cup holders, and even pockets. These features and functions come in handy and at a price, so you might have to consider your budget before making your move.
This is about the first thing that comes to mind before deciding on a recliner. Will you be able to sleep all night with this relaxing chair or not? Is the area of the back and seat of the chair suitable for your body size? Does it properly prop your body in the needed places? Finding answers to these questions will go a long way to determine what will be your pick.
So, having issues with sleeping on your bed? Below is a list of the best recliners for sleeping.
**Note: The outlined products have been tested to be sleep-worthy.
So let’s see them.
The Five (5) Best Recliners for Sleeping in 2023
This Ashley signature design recliner is a mixture of quality and richness of texture. The arms have a traditional style. It is also covered with a faux-leather which was designed to appeal to the eyes.
The frame and the footrest of this sleep chair are metal and it has a soft headrest and a side panel for manual operations. Its roominess and fluffiness make it a perfect sleep chair.
Why buy the Ashley Furniture Recliner?
- It takes up small space – as small as 32”
- Its sturdiness and strength makes it a durable product
- Assembly after shipping is easy
- Super comfortable to sleep in.
- Can be paired with your sofa
- Not suitable for tall folks.
- Staying in a reclined position could be a problem
- There is no arrangement for pillows
This stylishly modern and highly comfortable NHI Express recliner is made from hardwood and a quality microfiber.
The wall-hugger is crucial if you want to be economical with space in your home. Its dimensions are 35″ wide x 40″deep x 40″ high. Its roominess and size make it a decent option for a comfortable night rest.
Why buy the NHI Express Recliner?
- Economical with space
- Sturdiness makes it a durable buy
- Stain resistance makes it easy to maintain
- Easily assembled
- Comfortable to sleep in especially for heavy sleepers as it supports their whole body
- Pocket-friendly option for folks on a tight budget
- Some users complain of disturbing squeaky sounds
- Sometimes one may experience difficulty in operating the mechanism
The combination of the plush, chenille fabric and the ultra-modern design of the power lift recliner brings a new face to the market of sleep chairs. The chair is generously padded for comfort, with a full leg support chaise. For further convenience, this recliner is equipped with a USB port for charging devices.
This sleep chair is equipped with the LayFlat Premium Mechanism which makes it capable of reclining to a horizontal position. This function can undergo more than 30,000 uses.
Why buy Lifestyle Recliner?
- Highly durable, no wonder Lifestyle offers a 2-year warranty for it
- The mechanism doesn’t make disturbing noises
- Assembling the parts is quite easy
- Built to be comfortable
- Equipped with a USB charging port
- It delivers good value
- Operating motor may not be durable
- Footrest doesn’t lift to a full-height
- Fabric doesn’t allow for much cushion or padding
This Homall recliner is found in two colors – black and brown. Expertly built to meet every stylish and manual need of a sleep chair, the Homall recliner is covered with a PU material that is both comfortable and easy to maintain.
It has an adjustable footrest framed with durable steel and thick padding, deep seat, and thick chair back.
Why buy the Homall Single recliner chair?
- It can recline to an almost horizontal position
- Made of durable materials
- Nice design that is easy to maintain
- Not recommendable for tall folks
- A little narrow and hard on the body
- Doesn’t rock
- May be difficult for those who don’t have the energy to operate it manually
For lovers of bright colors, this Christopher Knight recliner comes in red, black, and white. This manually operated recliner is the meeting point of stylishness and sturdiness – owing to the frame made with birch wood and its charming faux leather upholstery.
The black color was specifically made to blend with the existing furniture of the home. It has a side panel from which it is manually operated.
If you want to feel comfort and stability as you sleep through the night, this recliner that reclines to an almost horizontal position is a decent choice.
Why buy the Great Deal Teyana recliner?
- It is easy to assemble
- Its manual operation is easy to understand and use
- Built to be comfortable throughout a night’s rest
- Its design is so beautiful you can’t stop fantasizing about it
- The footrest may become hard to push up and down
- The narrow chair makes it unsuitable for bulky individuals
Let’s Wrap It Up
There are so many recliners in the market today, including the recliners for back pain, and those for recovering from surgery. If you’ve read through and like some of the benefits of sleeping in a recliner and would want to get one, you can be sure of picking only the best.
As we have only selected the top choices, so if you are in the market for the best recliner for sleeping, you have five (5) top choices to choose from.
No matter your need for a recliner, whether medical, pregnancy, or recovery, it is important to weigh your needs, the upsides, and downsides of purchasing that recliner before placing your order.
Whatever you do, ensure that you’re focused on finding a product that perfectly suits every one of your needs, both health-wise and comfort-wise.